Skip to main content

How To Sleep Better: Prioritize your sleep and health

How little we know about the most important factor in life!

We all know sleep is crucial for our well-being, but did you know quality sleep plays an even bigger role in our overall health?

Deepa Kannan, in her book How to Sleep Better: The Miraculous 10-Step Protocol to Recharge Your Mind and Body, published by HarperCollins, dives deep into this often-overlooked aspect of wellness. 

This insightful read explores the causes of poor sleep and provides a structured approach to developing better sleep habits.

Beyond the usual five senses (sight, smell, sound, touch, and taste), the book introduces five more—detoxification, uro-reproduction, locomotion (movement), grasping (strength), and speech—all of which influence sleep quality. 

Balancing these can significantly improve how well you rest.

With  the author Deepa Kannan

Combining functional medicine and Ayurveda, Deepa’s approach offers practical solutions to sleep struggles, helping readers wake up refreshed and recharged.

After attending Deepa’s session and reading her book, I found some truly eye-opening insights! 

If you have ever struggled with sleep, this book is a must-read—especially in today’s fast-paced world.

💡 Prioritize your sleep, prioritize your health! 😴✨




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?

Draupadi - Action Prevails Emotions

The woman of Kaliyuga…. before the Kaliyuga descended One of the few very clear memories I still have of my childhood is when my mother was feeding me lunch and we were happily chatting about Mahabharata. While talking, I said ‘when I grow up, I want to become Draupadi’. She yelled at me ‘ pagal ho gayi ho kya?, kuch bhi bak bak karti ho. Khana khao chup chap ’. I was taken aback by her sudden anger. Barely 7-8 years of age, I didn’t quite understand the reason for her annoyance, then. Today, after decades I certainly do. Indeed, I do understand, why a mother wouldn’t want her daughter to become Draupadi or even get closer to what she suffered. All said and done, she was the heroine of the one of the only two greatest epics of the country’s history – Mahabharata.